A UNICEF report noted that 10.5 million children are out of school in Nigeria and 70 per cent of those in (primary) schools cannot read or perform basic numeracy tasks at 10. There is an urgent need to get these children into school and ensure that they are learning and would attain the required basic literacy and numeracy skills to survive in life.
Most parents who live in Bridge Nigeria communities can afford to educate their children in a low-fee-paying Bridge school. However, there are some parents who struggle due to one reason or the other and need additional support.
Against this backdrop, Bridge Nigeria supports low-income families by providing life-changing education and collaborating with credible individuals and organisations to increase access to quality education. At Bridge, we believe that a child’s potential should not be limited by their socio-economic status.
Why Sponsor Pupils in Bridge?
- At Bridge schools, education is truly inclusive and equitable – demonstrating our commitment to United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG4) – “ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all”
- An increasing body of independent studies illustrates the high performance and learning gains of children in Bridge Nigeria schools – and, importantly, that the longer children are in a Bridge Nigeria school, the better their academic performance.
- By sponsoring pupils to attend any of our 46 schools, you are supporting families who are struggling to provide quality education for their children to their local, thereby giving them a chance at a decent, more economically-secure future with a potential positive impact for generations to come
- You are giving the child access to a Bridge classroom handled by highly motivated and empowered teachers who are trained to meet the academic and moral developmental needs of the child.
How does the Sponsorship work?
- Once you contact us as an interested sponsor, you will be required to fill out a sponsorship form requesting information on the number of children you would like to sponsor, the period of time and any preference you may have regarding the gender, location or age of the pupils you are sponsoring.
- You will then receive the profiles of pupils who urgently need your support and information as to how to sponsor them.
- A memorandum of understanding will be shared with the sponsor
- After completing the sponsorship process you will receive regular updates on the progress of the children you have sponsored.
- We begin a long-term journey together of practically transforming lives.
What does the sponsorship cover?
- Tuition: By sponsoring a child’s tuition, you enable a disadvantaged pupil to study for an entire academic year. From this, a pupil will receive about 40 hours of instructional time a week for an academic year.
- Learning materials: The child will have access to educational materials such as textbooks for every subject, fun reading books, practical learning tools, homework books, electronic reading devices, and co-curricular activities that give them the opportunity to pursue their passion and develop their skills.
- Uniforms: The inability to afford a new school uniform forces needy children to wear torn pieces of clothing or old home clothes making them feel embarrassed and isolated from other children. Through the sponsorship program, a child will receive a brand new uniform or sport wear boosting their confidence to learn and socialise with other children.
A sponsor can choose to sponsor a child in other areas. To find out more about the opportunities available, please get in touch with us via the phone number below;
Quotes from parents whose children are on scholarship.
“With their scholarship up till secondary school, we don’t have to worry about their academic pursuits because our prayers have partly been answered. All we need to do is to save towards their university education and I believe they both will achieve their dreams.” – Mrs. Victoria Stanley whose children Chidera and Prudence are TSF scholarship beneficiaries.
“This is a dream come true for my family. With this scholarship, FEF and Bridge have given my daughter hope and a chance to achieve her dream of becoming a dentist.” – Mrs. Titilayo Oyamendan
Quote from existing sponsors
“We decided to partner with Bridge because their mission of providing quality education to children of low-income families aligns closely with our goal. We intend broadening the partnership with the Bridge and furthering the impact of their work, while ensuring the sustainability of same”- Mr. Seyi Akinwale, Founder – The Special Foundation
“The scholarship is for children to have seamless access to quality education at Bridge. It is during this stage children learn to engage better with others and acquire vital skills that allow them to develop and express their own ideas.” – Mrs Oghogho Osula, – Founder, Osula Foundation
What will you receive from your sponsorship?
Progress updates of the child you sponsor and our work in Bridge Nigeria at the end of every term and academic year.
Special recognition/media mentions as a Bridge sponsor and strategic partner
100% of sponsorship funds received go towards sponsorship-related costs; pupil’s tuition, uniform or welfare.
Partner with us, call +2347031714024 or click HERE to fill out our sponsorship form or download our guide on sponsorship.